Monday, November 15, 2010

the story of man candy monday

If you've been reading more than one post of my  blog you will probably know that my tastes are somewhat ecclectic. And that I lurrrrrrve Romance. And that I frequent some strange places in the internet. One thing I love about the world wide web, it lets me boldly go where likeminded freaks have gone before me. 
 It was not long before I began cruising the sites of Romancelandia and specifically those devoted to its subgenre erotic romance that I happened upon the institute of "man candy monday". Needless to say being a heterosexual woman with a deep appreciation for the male form I took an instant liking to the concept. The gals from (the now defunct) Erotica Cover Watch who first introduced me to the art of man candy monday started the the tradition of posting a sexy picture of men every monday on their blog because they were fed up with a reality in which the covers of erotica for women usually featured a picture of a woman in variuos states of dress and/or "sexy" postures but no men...
Yep, that's right. The books were specifically written for (heterosexual) women. Yet, when it came to the cover what did we see? A (half)naked woman! I mean come on, while I have no problem with naked women, that's not what I'm looking for when I get my dose of smut...After all, if I wanted to see one, I can just look into the mirror, ya know...or into any fashion mag for that matter. Apparently a lot of publishers had decided that a picture of a naked woman was more pleasing to the eye than that of a naked man. Really! I mean puh-lease...what's not to like about a nice studmuffin without his clothes...Really!
So, in order to prove them wrong the man candy monday was born. There are other sites posting pictures of man/eye candy quite regularly, proving the idea that women don't find a picture of a naked man pleasing ad absurdum. Now, some time and loads of nekkid guys later...publishers have apparently got it and men have made quite an appearance on the covers of women's erotica. Yay! But no reason to stop such an honored tradition, is it now?
So, here's what you've been waiting for. This time even a video. Yay!



And if you're looking for an appropriate birthday gift for me. Well I've always been partial to a gift that supports charity. (Yes, I know I'm sooooo selfless)

No comments:

Post a Comment