Monday, November 1, 2010

Meh...Monday: Another month gone...

Whew, this has been a busy week. Last Tuesday I was offered to teach a class at University, basically starting as soon as the administration gives the green light. Which means I've been scrambling to find a subject, put a curriculum together and find reading material. Meanwhile, I'm still churning out applications. Because teaching a course at University might sound all posh and all, and it might improve my standing and give me street cred, but it is abominably paid. Really. I wouldn't be able to live a month off the money they'll give me for the whole semester. It's a joke. Thank goodness I enjoy teaching so much. Otherwise it would be quite depressing.
This week, no this month, just flew by. It's kinda weird, but being essentially jobless, I'm busier than ever, or so it feels like. There seem to be new opportunities around every corner I turn. Makes me quite optimistic, that among these opportunities there will be a real job soon. It's a very exciting time. And scary. And exhilerating. And frustrating. But mostly exciting.
On the homefront I managed to hang a new rail and curtains in front of our drafty french doors in the living room. Not overly pretty but hopefully they keep the cold out. My next project is to renovate my old doll house to give to my niece for her birthday. I'll document it with pictures and post them when I'm done.
On sunday I cooked Szegedinger Goulash with bread dumplings. No pics though, my camera ran out of batteries. The Goulash turned out great, the bread dumplings weren't bad as a first try, but definetely can use some work. Here's a picture, I used a different recipe though, with beef instead of pork, and white instead of red wine, and I added tomato puree for color. It was very yummy.
So, enough ramblings for today. Happy November! And enjoy your monday eye candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment