Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Equality for all

March is already in its second week and while spring hasn't quite sprung here yet, I can hear it traipsing nearer.
And I am trying to get back on track, after spending the last month either stumbling along in a right-side-hearing-impaired-due-to-a-very-persistant-head-flu-kinda-daze or subsequently hiding in the ditch beside the track. Getting back on track means also posting more on this blog. Hopefully. I'm working on it.

Anyways, since it is WTF Wednesday. Here's another treat for you: Daniel Craig in drag via the SmartBitches




Truthfully, the part that made me go WTF?! isn't so much lovely 007 in drag (dang...the man is smokin' even wearing a rather unsexy dress), but the staggering numbers of women facing violence daily. You know, sad part is, even while they are staggering they are really not surprising. I wish they were. And I wish we could get around to make this world safer for women everywhere. And fairer. And a place where men and women really are equal, because with all this patriarchal inequality crap, we're not only hurting women, but everyone.

Happy belated Women's Day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment