Monday, March 28, 2011

Waiting for Spring

It's monday again and March is almost over. Spring hasn't quite made it here yet, it is still not quite warm yet, at night the temperatures dip below freezing, and there is no daffodil in sight. The crocuses are out though and I have seen some brave shrubs tentatively unfolding their tiny leaves. I'm quite hopeful that springtide is coming soon as it seems to be just around the corner.
Therefore I am trying to shake off the remaining bits and pieces of the winter doldrums to be vernally inspired. Isn't that a wonderful word? Vernal. It makes me think of fresh and green things.

Here's the definition from Webster's Online Dictionary:


1. Suggestive of youth; vigorous and fresh.[Wordnet]
2. Of or characteristic of or occurring in spring; "the vernal equinox".[Wordnet]
3. Of or pertaining to the spring; appearing in the spring; as, vernal bloom.[Websters]
4. Fig.: Belonging to youth, the spring of life.[Websters]
5. Being young, youthful, juvenile, adolescent or beardless. [Eve - graph theoretic]
6. Being new, fresh or recent. [Eve - graph theoretic]
7. Being springlike or flowering. [Eve - graph theoretic]
8. Being immature, green, unfledged or sappy. [Eve - graph theoretic]
9. Being late or latest. [Eve - graph theoretic]
 So, I'll be taking out my apple-green spring coat, put a spring in my step, give the apartment and the balcony a spring cleaning, get back to my yoga practice, ride my bike, look forward to local fresh produce, soak up the sun and wait in giddy anticipation for spring to finally show up.

I'm wishing y'all a vernal time.

No comments:

Post a Comment