Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday Mancandy is back

As the first week of the new year is starting I find myself doing not the same procedure as last week but the same procedure as basically every weekday of the last months. Not much has changed, but I find that reassuring. Getting back into familiar routines sometimes feels like wrapping oneself in a one's favorite blanket. 

Between Christmas and New Year I took a break from everything related to my usual workday pottering and spend time with the family (mine and that of my roomate D who were visiting us) and some friends. While that was fun, it was not very restful (at least for me). Now I'm back to my orderly routine, feeling a lot more in charge and surprisingly a lot more restful. Life sometimes is funny that way, especially if you're unabashed neurotic like me.

In honor of routines and rituals, here is this week's mancandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment