Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tasteful Tuesday: Golden Globes

I have to admit that I haven't seen most of the movies that were nominated for the Golden Globes. Either because they were too scary for me (yes, this is my deep dark secret: movies like "Black Swan", "Alice in Wonderland" and "Inception" scare the crap out of me, while "Scream" and the like I find mostly amusing...what can I say, I'm eccentric). Or I wasn't interested ("Burlesque", "The Tourist"). Or they haven't come out in Germany yet ("The Fighter" and "The King's Speech"). I did see "A Social Network", though. I thought it was kinda interesting and Jesse Eisenberg did a great job. But being the best movie out of those nominated? Really? That's sad...and somewhat implausible... come on... none of the others was better? Please, fellow movie-goers out there, does anyone concur with that decision? Even without having seen them I would put at least 2 of the nominated movies in that category ahead of this one....

On another note... don't you think the fact that Annette Bening was competing against Julianne Moore in the same category for their parts in the same movie, while if they had been a more gender stereotypical couple they would each have been nominated in another category...well, doesn't that show how stupid this whole business of gendering the categories really is....?

No comments:

Post a Comment