Friday, August 5, 2011

Fab Friday Five: Procrastination is the name of the game

This one is for my friend S who's working hard on her doctoral thesis. You go girl! I feel with you.

Right now, I'm back at working for myself again which takes a lot of selfmotivation. And sometimes leads to elaborate forms of procrastination. Here are my top five activities when procrastinating:

1.) Cooking/Baking:
Rather than cleaning up the apartment I raid the pantry and challenge myself to cook or bake something delicious with what is there. Of course that leads to spending more time cleaning up afterwards... but it's well worth it.





2.) Reading
The lure of a good book (or for that matter a really bad one too) seldom fails to lead me off the path.
My latest moment of weakness. Evil twins, a "forced" marriage and a deep dark trauma from the past. Vintage Mills and Boon never fails to deliver.





3.) Redecorating
It usually starts with the intention of just a little cleaning up. Now, I have taken apart my desk and fashioned a new one with stuff I had lying around. I'm also thinking about painting a wall in my bedroom. What do you think of this color?

4.) Watching tv-series on my computer
I'm a happy camper since I found out how to watch American and Britisch series in the original because seriously the German dubbing? It sucks. 
Now I'm just waiting for September when the new seasons of HIMYM and Big Bang Theory come up again. 

HIMYM
via flickr user cherrily under creative commons license
5.) Chatting via facebook or skype
Right now one of my favorite pastimes...

Smiley face written in the sky during the inauguration of Governor Bob Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment