Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday Happiness

Happiness is...
good food, good wine, good stories and good friends to share with.

Anyone who knows me, knows that food plays an important part in my life. Therefore, after a wonderful day with a three hour Yoga workshop and a subsequent afternoon with great Indian food and lots of laughter with my Yoga-sisters for me to go home to immediately prepare a dinner for other friends is not surprising. It's my idea of a perfect day. Last night was spent on my balcony with three new friends, two old ones and lots of laughter. Summer has made a surprise appearance and the evening was nice and breezy. I made pumpkin soup, a cheese-and-herb bread and a trifle for dessert. A glorious evening.

Because the summer has been pretty rainy and I had other things on my mind, I haven't (yet) sprouced up the balcony this year. But I've got some ideas:
H. Astoria - Romantic Garden Table-night
H. Astoria - Romantic Garden...
via flickr user Hotel Montecatini Terme

Jardín El Cantal

Jardín El Cantal via flickr user Juanjo Álvarez - Cartón PiedraCreatividad


Garden Table
via flickr user *Kid*Doc*One*

lampions
via flickr user chronowizard


Though yesterday's appearance of the summer sun seems to have been only a short interlude. Today has seen a return to the fall-like weather we have grown accustomed to. So the carrot cake I made today had to be eaten at the kitchen table. I suppose the balcony will have to wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment