Thursday, December 9, 2010

Random Ramblings...


I have been in a  grouchy mood lately... things weren’t really going as I imagined them to go. Getting out there in the real world to look for a job after spending the last ten years safely ensconced in university is tough. Sometimes I think that spending all that time studying and pursuing more knowledge was an effective way for me not to have to deal with the world out there and sometimes I even think that maybe I should have stayed, adding another degree, going for the doctorate. But before those of you who’ve been wanting me  to do just that sit back and rub their hands in glee... I’m not there yet, and I’ll probably (maybe?) never will. No, I want to make it out there, find a job that really suits me and support myself. I just didn’t know it would be that darn difficult or that having to survive on welfare would be so humiliating. It pretty much sucks your soul out. And it makes me grouchy. Not being able to buy any christmas presents, not even being able to pay for the ticket to see my family, having to cut corners everywhere and still there’s nothing left, I tell you, it’s not easy. So I have been feeling sorry for myself, forgetting the many blessings in my life. Like my friends, without whose support I probably would be even more frustrated. And lonely. And who are scrambling just to make my birthday party happen, because I won't be able to do anything but show up for it since I'll be spending the whole day stuck in a train (that will hopefully not be an hour late like the one I'm sitting in right now).
So, all of you who have been suffering from my bitching and moaning lately, I'm sorry. And I know very well what I have in you!

Happy 9th of December! This pic always makes me feel better :)


No comments:

Post a Comment